Bạn đang ở đây
Official visit of His Holiness the Gyalwang Drukpa and the Drukpa Lineage sangha
12/03/2017 - 15:57
OFFICIAL VISIT OF HIS HOLINESS THE GYALWANG DRUKPA AND THE DRUKPA SANGHA
At the invitation of the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha, His Holiness the Gyalwang Drukpa and the Drukpa Lineage sangha will visit Viet Nam from March 14th to April 2nd, 2017. This occasion will mark the 10th year since His Holiness’s first visit to Viet Nam.
North Viet Nam – Sunday March 12th to Sunday March 26th
Wednesday March 15th: Public teachings, initiation of Guru Padmasambhava, transmission of Avalokiteshvara and Tara, Mahakala dance, grand prayer for peace and prosperity at Que Lam monastery, Phu Tho
Thursday March 16th :
- Launching of the Avalokiteshvara Festival of Tay Thien at Tay Thien Grand Stupa.
- Unfurling and public display of 16-meter tall Avalokiteshvara silk embroidered brocade, a gift to Viet Nam by His Holiness on the 10th anniversary of His Holiness’s first visit.
- Public initiation, prayer for world peace and prosperity, Dharma Protector dance
- Indian Buddhist Culture Day In Viet Nam – organized with Viet Nam Buddhist Sangha, Viet Nam – India Friendship Association, with the participation of Indian Embassy in Ha Noi. The program includes Dharma drum performance, auspicious dances by monks and nuns.
- Lamp offering and stupa circumambulations
Friday March 17th: Prayer for world peace and prosperity; public initiation; Tara Yuldhog puja; Dharma Protector dance; lamp offering, stupa circumambulations. Gift offering to local schoolchildren in need.
Saturday March 18th: Public initiation and teachings on Five Zambala, prayer for world peace andprosperity, lamp offering, stupa circumambulations.
Sunday March 19th: Prayer for world peace and prosperity, public initiation and teachings on Yangtik practice; blessing ceremony for statue of Buddha Shakyamuni in Sambhogakaya form; end of Avalokiteshvara Festival.
Thursday March 23rd – Sat 25th: Teaching for nuns at Tay Thien nunnery
Monday March 27th: His Holiness departs for Ho Chi Minh City
South Viet Nam – Monday March 27th to April 2nd
Monday March 27th: Reception of His Holiness and the Drukpa Sangha at Tan Son Nhat airport
Tuesday March 28th: Prayer for world peace and prosperity, public initiation and teachings on Manjushri at Vinh Nghiem monastery, Ho Chi Minh City.
Wednesday March 29th: Jangwa prayer at Vinh Nghiem monastery, Ho Chi Minh City.
Thu March 30th: Prayer for world peace and prosperity, public initiation and teachings on Zambhala at Quan Am Tu Vien Nunnery, Ho Chi Minh City.
Friday March 31st: Ngondro teaching at Quan Am Tu Vien Nunnery, Ho Chi Minh City.
Monday April 2nd: His Holiness departs from Viet Nam.